The days of “kill-ten-rats” and kitschy collection quests are numbered. Virtual world, hunter-gatherer existence has evolved and agriculture has once again come to the forefront of [online] civilization with the introduction of FARMING to the popular free-to-play, family-friendly virtual world game, Free Realms!
Recently introduced to agrarian life and the cultivation of food plants and farm vegetation, all Free Realms players receive a free Wilds Farm where they can plant, grow and harvest crops to gain access to new and unique items. Through Farming, players can also play new minigames that allow them to convert their harvested crops into coin. Farmers can landscape their own plots, experiment with hybrid varieties and are also rewarded for helping out their fellow farmers.
For those players who are mass production minded, additional farms and items can be purchased from the Station Cash Marketplace. Each farm a player owns can be leveled up from level one (1) to twenty (20) by Members, unlocking new tools, items, seeds, quests and the potential to earn more coin. Free players can level their farm up to level five (5) for free, but Membership is required to continue earning experience.
- New Wilds Farm instance for every player
- Use farming tools to keep farms clear of weeds, obstacles, and pests
- Harvest crops in the overworld and convert them to seeds for planting
- Plant, water, and grow a wide variety of crop types and be sure to chase away the critters
- Experiment with the Farm-O-matic machine to create new hybrid crops
- Harvest crops and trade them in the Farmers Market for rewards
- Play minigames and convert harvested crops into coin
- Visit friends’ farm to earn more coin
- Cool items available in the marketplace to boost farm production
Farming is now available in Free Realms for the PC and MAC systems. Free Realms is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up with content descriptors of Crude Humor and Fantasy Violence. Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.FreeRealms.com.