The Sega Dreamcast refuses to fade away. Despite failing as a console, game developers continue to develop for the platform. RedSpotGames – a European game publisher – is preparing to launch a new shooter for the Dreamcast during the 2nd quarter of 2011. Called Sturmwind, this 2D shooter has graphics that were once considered inconceivable on the Dreamcast. At first glance, Sturmwind could easily be mistaken for a current generation release.
The screenshots and video clearly depict a console that had plenty of untapped potential.
Pre-orders are currently being accepted for Sturmwind at RedSpotGames.com for 34.99Euros.
• 16 Levels
• 3 selectable difficulty levels
• configurable controls
• adjustable screen position
• different weapons selectable
• More than 20 large bossenemies
• Hundreds of different enemies
• FMV intro sequence
• Hybrid 2d/3d game engine
• Resolution 640×480
• PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
• Region Free
• Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
• CDDA Sound
• Supports: Joypad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack
• Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables
• Award Trophy System with unlockable content
Sturmwind Gameplay Video:
Sturmwind isn’t the only game scheduled this year. NG: DEV.TEAM – a small development team responsible for releasing Fast Striker on Dreamcast earlier this year – is about to release GunLord, a side-scroller similar to Turrican. Scheduled for a late 2011 release, this shooter promises fast action, large bosses, and beautiful graphics.
Additional information about GunLord can be found at the official website.