THQ and Machinima today announced that Nexuiz, the CryENGINE 3 powered Arena FPS from Illfonic is scheduled to launch on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (via Xbox LIVE) today for 800 Microsoft Points.
Selected as part of Microsoft’s high profile ‘House Party’ season of Xbox LIVE Arcade titles, Nexuiz will also appear on PlayStation 3 and PC later this spring.
“Making Nexuiz has been a blast for our team,” said Kedhrin Gonzalez, Creative Director at Illfonic. “We’ve been fortunate to work with some great tech in CryENGINE 3, had fantastic support from THQ and Machinima, and we’re really stoked to have been selected as part of Microsoft’s House Party program.”
“We’re thrilled with what Illfonic has achieved with Nexuiz,” said Carl Jones, Director of Global Business Development, CryENGINE. “We’re proud to see that Nexuiz is the first CryENGINE 3 powered title to be released outside the Crytek family of studios, and the fact that it was achieved by such a relatively small team goes to show how effective CryENGINE can be in the right hands.”
To add Nexuiz for Xbox 360 to your download queue, visit Xbox.com here.
For centuries the Kavussari and the Forsellians have waged war. They have a fragile truce but due to their seething disgust of each other they still pit their warriors against each other in arenas rather than on the fields of war.
Those episodes of lethal combat are now broadcast throughout the galaxy, as entertainment… a spectacle known as… The Nexuiz Competition: An arena based first person shooter where you can alter the rules of the match and laws of physics while you dominate opponents in ever-changing hostile environments bleeding with hatred.
- ◊ Arena FPS is back – inspired by the giants of the Arena FPS genre, Nexuiz reinvents twitch gaming for next generation consoles and PC
- ◊ More than 100 ‘Dynamic Mutators’ serve as game-changing power-ups – Jetpacks, Uber-Nuke, Low Gravity, Big Head Mode and many more…
- ◊ Nine deadly arenas – powered by CryENGINE 3, Nexuiz sets a new graphical benchmark for a digital-only release
- ◊ Designed for competitive play – a superbly balanced weapon set, classic game modes, and extensive stat tracking, Medals and Leaderboard support
- ◊ Play solo or online – hone your skills against bots, then wage war online against the best in 4v4 multiplayer matches
- ◊ Just 800 Microsoft Points – Nexuiz offers hours of gameplay and unprecedented production values for a $10 title