Kalypso is returning gamers to the 17th century Caribbean today with a new walkthrough video for Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, the upcoming empire building game. In this new video, you will learn about the construction and management of sailing ships and merchant convoys, along with getting a taste of the game’s exciting naval combat system.
Take a first-hand look at Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, the latest in the line of titles that set the standard in the trading simulation genre. Kalypso will release Port Royale 3 on Windows PC and consoles this summer.
In Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, players will embark upon an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands all fight for supremacy in the colonies. Players take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world colonies. The campaign consists of two different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer and trader.
Following the path of the adventurer will lead the player on a naval conquest where they must gain notoriety through raids, piracy, bounty hunting, plundering and conquering cities as they strive to build their new Caribbean empire.
The route of the trader sees the player using their economic know-how to become the most powerful trading tycoon in the New World by setting up trade routes, building production facilities and developing cites.
In free-play mode, the player crafts a combination of the two paths, creating a unique and challenging scenario on the path to increase wealth and power.
Features of Port Royale 3 Pirates and Merchants:
- • Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader
- • Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power
- • 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates
- • Organize trade with 60 different cities such as Port-au-Prince or Tortuga
- • A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
Video Walkthrough #2: