Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and developers of interactive entertainment, today announced the launch of Centipede: Origins on the App Store and Google Play.
Staying true to the classic arcade shooter Centipede, players will help their garden gnome repel an army of centipedes and other bugs to protect their garden at all costs. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and a variety of Android smartphones and tablets, Centipede: Origins will be available for $0.99.
In this evolution of Centipede, players have all-new weapons and gadgets such as grenades and the memorable mushroom men at their disposal to exterminate the insect invaders. Using coins that may be acquired in-game or through purchase, weapons and gadgets can be fully upgraded for the gnomes to wield in the war against the swarm. Use the latest in technology to help the garden gnomes protect their world from centipedes and bugs!
Centipede: Origins features include:
- ● Use three upgradeable weapons (with more to come!), like the Grenades and Boom Shot, that will lay waste to the onslaught of bugs and centipedes
- ● Use three upgradeable gadgets (with more to come!), like the Fly Trap and the Time Warp, to gain the upper hand in your battle to eliminate the insects
- ● Acquire coins through in-game accomplishments or via in-app purchase to upgrade weapons and gadgets and improve your battle capabilities
- ● Play through four different environments that unlock as players progress through the game
- ● Earn achievements, compete on leaderboards and share scores with friends via Twitter and Facebook