Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today that Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of the Underdark, the first expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG), has now gone live . This expansion ties into Wizards of the Coast’s ‘Rise of the Underdark’ campaign and gives Dungeons & Dragons fans the ability to engage with the drow narrative on the PC platform.
Menace of the Underdark can be purchased now at http://underdark.ddo.com/ or on Steam.
“Today marks a major milestone as we release our first premium expansion to Dungeons & Dragons Online,” said Fernando Paiz, Executive Producer of Dungeons & Dragons Online, Turbine. “Menace of the Underdark delivers a wealth of content for our players and introduces significant engine upgrades that allow us to bring to life in a striking, visually impressive manner two of the most requested features, the new Druid class and access to the Forgotten Realms setting.”
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Menace of The Underdark Features:
- ● Three New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs – Featuring a multitude of epic adventures, unprecedented new wilderness areas with challenging objectives, a host of dungeons, and more!
- ● The King’s Forest: Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions.
- ● The Underdark: Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn.
- ● The Demonweb: Journey to Lolth’s home plane, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme.
- ● Attain Epic levels to 25! – Deadly battles and high-speed action continue as you advance your character to the Epic level 25!
- ● Introducing Epic Destinies — Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25!
- ● The Druid Class: Wield nature’s magic or transform into a powerful animal form as you play the all new shape-shifting Druid class!
- ● Eveningstar Challenge Pack: New challenge quests for levels 15-25!
Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) is a free-to-play MMORPG featuring the industry’s best combat system, a massive world with state-of-the-art graphics and gameplay, and a rich set of features that are usually found in premium subscription-based MMOs. DDO offers an innovative pricing model that allows players to download and play for free, purchasing adventure packs, items, and account services a la carte from the new DDO Store, or to subscribe to get unlimited access to all of the game’s content.
Players can download and play DDO Unlimited for free by visiting http://www.ddo.com.
Lolth and The Demonweb: