Square Enix, the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced the release of The World Ends with You: Solo Remix for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
A new The World Ends with You: Solo Remix official site will launch alongside the game’s release.
Solo Remix, the mobile version of the critically acclaimed action RPG, brings players back to the streets of Shibuya as Neku with new tracks and new social gameplay elements specifically designed for mobile players.
- ■ A boy named Neku wakes up in a crowded intersection of Shibuya in the heart of Tokyo–alone and unaware of how he got there. Then, he receives a text message: “Clear this mission…or face erasure.” With that, Neku is thrust into a life-or-death game that sends him scrambling down streets paved with one riddle after another.
Enjoy quick, satisfying and intuitive battles
- ■ Activate combat abilities, or “psychs,” with simple touch commands like tapping, slashing, and dragging. Control Neku and his partner on the same screen and take the combat up a notch, and boost item drops in battle with the revamped Fusion system.
Wireless arcade action with friends
- ■ Use the pins equipped in the main story to play Tin Pin Slammer. Take on other players with iPhones or iPads and copies of The World Ends with You, and be the first to knock opponents’ pins off the table.
Redrawn art and Retina display support
- ■ Enjoy the game in full HD on Retina-enabled iPad or iPhone 4 or later devices. Art and animation across the game has been redrawn for this release, making combat a beautiful experience.
The ultimate soundtrack: 60 songs
- ■ Composer Takeharu Ishimoto’s complete soundtrack is included in the game with high-quality audio and full vocals, including remixes and new songs.
Tweets amid the hustle and bustle
- ■ The world doesn’t end with Shibuya. Tap into the Internet and populate the minds of in-game streetgoers with tweets.
- ■ Exchange profiles with other players, and their avatars will appear in the streets of Shibuya! If friends have Twitter accounts, their avatar will think their latest tweet, and players can receive free items for every trade!
Deep replay value
- ■ Finish the main story to unlock a bonus chapter, more quests and items to find, new combat challenges, and secret reports that further flesh out the story.
Explore a living, breathing city
- ■ Neku’s sprawling world is based on the real-life Shibuya in Tokyo. Visit real locations and absorb some real Japanese culture through a hip fantasy lens.