Project Zomboid is an open-ended zombie-infested sandbox. It asks one simple question – how will you die? Whether surviving in Knox County free-roam or controlling Indie Stone hero Baldspot in his quest to save his injured wife Kate – death is always a certainty. Quite how long you manage to put it off is another matter…
In the town of Muldraugh survivors must loot houses, build defences and do their utmost to delay their inevitable death day by day. No help is coming – your continued survival relies on your own cunning, luck and ability to evade a relentless horde.
We are an alpha-funded title – and are currently releasing Public Test Builds of our game for all who have purchased the game in the build up to the long, long-awaited 1.0 update. Our intention is to flesh out the game and its engine to a point where it is a self-contained and final product on Steam – and then to release free content and gameplay updates at regular intervals long into the future, including much awaited multiplayer.
Before we consider ourselves ready for Steam we will have updated the current UI, tweaked crafting, completed the first Kate and Bob storyline, eradicated bugs/quirks, improved NPC interaction and removed any other rough edges that would make an alpha game, such as ours, out of place on the Steam service.
The latest Public Test Builds of our game can be found on our forum or on Desura – and currently contains a new lighting engine, a new animation system, skills and leveling, carpentry, a large swathe of Knox County to explore, female characters and a host of new weapons and items.
We hope to announce these builds as the official update in coming weeks.
- ● Sandbox zombie survival game.
- ● Story mode that also serves as first ever tutorial actively trying to kill you at every turn.
- ● Full line of sight system and real-time lighting, sound and visibility mechanics. Hide in the shadows, keep quiet and keep the lights off at night, or at least hang sheets over the windows.
- ● Only goal is to survive, you make your own story.
- ● Ever expanding town to explore, loot or set up your fortress.
- ● Meet and join up with NPCs to eat all your food and potentially get you killed, just for a shot at surviving a horde.
- ● Use tools to craft weapons, barricades, food recipes and even build zombie proof forts by chopping trees, sawing wood and scavenging supplies.
- ● Deal with depression, boredom, hunger, thirst and illness while trying to survive.
- ● Lots of zombies with swarm mechanics and in-depth visual and hearing systems.
- ● Real zombies that don’t run about or climb across ceilings!
- ● A ton of amazing atmospheric music tracks by the prodigy that is Zach Beever.
- ● Full open and powerful Lua modding support.
- ● Thriving mod community bringing features such as cannibalism, air strikes and farming for food. Even the greenlight billboard in the images.
- ● Character customization and progression, skills and perks that develop based on what you do in-game.
- ● Linux support too, assuming of course Steam is headed that way at some point.
- ● Multiplayer support so you can survive together. Co-op and hopefully one day persistent servers too.
- ● Multiple dark, narrative ‘PZ Stories’ in addition to Sandbox, set within the game world from the perspective of various Muldraugh citizens.
- ● In-depth and varied NPC encounters driven in a persistent world, making each play-through into your very own zombie survival movie with rich and diverse random characters and emergent story gameplay.
- ● Ever expanding game world of Muldraugh and surrounding countryside and cities based loosely on the actual area.
- ● Dark story and setting exploring the true hopelessness of an apocalypse and the moral ambiguity that comes from it.
- ● Full wilderness survival systems, warmth, seasons, hunting for food.
- ● Many more items, crafting recipes, weapons and gameplay systems.
- ● Use unlimited Lua modding support to create mods that are like completely new games using the engine.
- ● Steam Workshop support planned on Steam for easy access to mods.
Official Website: http://www.projectzomboid.com