A new era of discovery and conquest has dawned on Azeroth! Blizzard Entertainment, today announced that World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, the highly anticipated fourth expansion to the world’s most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, is now live.
Starting today, gamers in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil can set sail for the newly discovered continent of Pandaria by purchasing the expansion in retail stores or digitally via the game’s official website. Mists of Pandaria will be available in South Korea and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau on September 27, and will launch in mainland China on October 2.
“Mists of Pandaria takes players back to the roots of World of Warcraft — exploration, discovery, and the epic conflict between the Alliance and the Horde,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “It also contains the widest variety of content that we’ve ever added in an expansion, and we’re excited to be able to share it with players around the world this week in our first truly global launch.”
Standard Edition, Collector’s Edition, and Digital Deluxe Edition Contents
Mists of Pandaria is available now on DVD-ROM for Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 and Macintosh at a suggested retail price of $39.99 USD. The expansion is also available digitally directly from Blizzard’s World of Warcraft website, also priced at $39.99 USD.
A special Collector’s Edition packed with bonus items is also now available exclusively in retail stores at a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD.
In addition to the game disc, the Collector’s Edition contains:
- ● A World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-ray two-disc set including over an hour of developer interviews and commentary
- ● The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition soundtrack CD
- ● The Art of Mists of Pandaria, a 208-page hardback tome including never-before-seen artwork from the development process
- ● A special-edition World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria mouse pad featuring Chen Stormstout, the legendary pandaren brewmaster
- ● World of Warcraft Imperial Quilen flying mount and Lucky Quilen Cub pet, StarCraft II Battle.net portraits, and Diablo III banner sigil and accent
In addition, for the first time, World of Warcraft players have the option to purchase a special Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria (suggested retail price $59.99 USD) via the World of Warcraft website or by purchasing an activation code at select retailers.
The Digital Deluxe edition includes a full digital copy of Mists of Pandaria as well as the digital items from the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition. Players who purchase the standard edition digitally or at retail will have the option to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe version at any time (for as long as the standalone Digital Deluxe version remains available) for an additional $20 USD.