Intelligence Engine Design Systems (IEDS), a developer with a focus on gameplay innovation, today announced City Conquest, an epic mobile strategy game, is coming soon to the App Store in North America for Apple iPad and Apple iPhone.
City Conquest is an epic mobile strategy game that hits the “sweet spot” between real-time strategy and tower defense, blending the simplicity and accessibility of classic tower defense gameplay with the richness and depth of a real-time strategy game. It builds on core tower defense mechanics by adding an offensive gameplay element and territorial expansion and control mechanics, allowing the game to support competitive multiplayer.
Competitive real-time online multiplayer, an in-depth single-player campaign, and thought-provoking challenge missions make City Conquest a first-of-its-kind in the mobile space. City Conquest was successfully ‘Kickstarted’ in spring 2012.
Additional City Conquest Features:
- ● Single-player Missions: The game includes 19 single-player missions, consisting of 14 campaign missions and five challenge missions. The single-player campaign carefully introduces players to core gameplay concepts, gradually evolving towards more sophisticated missions against AI opponents. The challenge missions provide expert-level scenarios that explore advanced gameplay concepts.
- ● Online Multiplayer: Online multiplayer enables players to enter a persistent lobby to create, join, and launch head-to-head two-player games.
- ● Hotseat Multiplayer: This “pass-and-play” multiplayer mode supports competitive multiplayer between two players on the same device, where one player defends while the other player’s units spawn and attack. This mode does not require Internet access.
- ● Defensive Buildings: The game includes more than 20 upgradeable in-game buildings including: Lightning Towers, Grenade Tossers, Missile Launchers, and more to create the ultimate tower-defense landscape.
- ● Dropship Pads: Features nine unit types to initiate attacks with including: CosmoKnights, Hover Artillery, and Crusaders.
- ● Mothership Effects: City Conquest supports four “Mothership effects” that players can cast to affect buildings or units over a limited area.
- ● Territorial Expansion and Control: Players can expand and consolidate control of territory or destroy parts of an opponent’s city by building and upgrading special Skyscraper buildings.
- ● Platforms: City Conquest supports HD-capable iOS platforms, including iPad 2/3, iPhone 4/4S/5, and iPod Touch 4/5.
Intelligence Engine Design Systems was founded by Paul Tozour, an 18-year industry veteran who was a founding member of Gas Powered Games. Known for his work on characters and bosses for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Tozour also has had his name credited to MechWarrior 4: Vengeance and many other titles. He is well-known in the industry for promoting the state of the art in the field of artificial intelligence for games.