Reverb Publishing and developer Phoenix Online Studios are pleased to announce that the first episode of their mystery adventure, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, is now available for download on Rain Digital Games, GamersGate, and GameStop. Additionally, players who would like to see the game up on Valve’s Steam platform can vote for it on Steam Greenlight.
The first episode of a four episode arch, “The Hangman” is now available for download for $9.99. A Season Pass, which includes all four episodes as they are released and an exclusive digital comic is also available for $29.99.
“I absolutely love point-and-click adventure titles, and what Phoenix Online has done with Cognition is nothing short of amazing,” said Balazs Horvath, executive producer with Reverb Publishing. “From the different ways to investigate crime scenes, to the dark and moody set pieces and the tense and foreboding soundtrack, gamers will have a thrill ride trying to solve Cognition.”
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots, and puzzles over the course of four episodes.
A talented cast of voice actors, breathtaking hand-drawn art, an all-star development team (artist Romano Molenaar and story consultant Jane Jensen) and branching puzzles that have several different ways to be completed, Cognition is an unforgettable adventure game experience.
Key features include:
- ● Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- ● Fully-realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- ● Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- ● Mind-bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- ● Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- ● All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the line-up includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
Steam – Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746
Episode 1: The Hangman: