Boomlagoon – an indie game development studio founded by three ex-Rovio veterans involved with the studio’s smash hit Angry Birds title – today launched Noble Nutlings, their debut mobile video game for iOS devices. Featuring a trio of pudgy cartoon squirrels, the game challenges players to pilot a rickety cart across hilly landscapes as fast as possible. Free to download, Noble Nutlings lets players upgrade their vehicle with thousands of combinations, collecting acorns and hurtling towards the finish line with the hot-pepper-boost. The game features dozens of levels and casual racing action, enjoyable at all skill levels.
“Noble Nutlings is the game I’ve wanted to make for years,” said Tuomas Erikoinen, co-founder and lead designer at Boomlagoon. “Behind the lighthearted style is a challenging racing title that should keep players coming back for ‘just one more level.’”
Funding for Boomlagoon has been provided by investor Jari Ovaskainen and seasoned games investment firm London Venture Partners.
The Nutlings are busting loose! Sydney (blue) is the leader of the crew, determined to keep his buddies focused on the finish. Abe (red) is a cranky backseat driver, but his hidden genius makes him an expert in vehicle mods. Lemmy (yellow) is a loony prankster who’s also the resident speed freak.
Casual players will enjoy boosting, flipping and crashing over the finish line as the Nutlings go flying. Wrecking the cart merely costs time, so there’s no way to truly fail a level. For those seeking a greater challenge, the three-star finish times require some serious racing prowess. Trick out the vehicle, discover secret routes, boost with precision, jump over gaps, and above all else… keep the wheels facing the ground!
Noble Nutlings features:
- ● Physics-Based Awesomeness: Boost, skid, dynamite and crash your way across the finish line.
- ● Build Your Dream Cart with 1000’s of Combinations: Put watermelon wheels on a clown car or stick bowling balls on a bathtub.
- ● Beat Friends’ Scores and Brag Online: Link up via Facebook to see who’s the fastest.
- ● Beat all 36 levels with Three Stars (if you can): Plenty of challenge for seasoned racing vets.
- ● Easy to Control: Use your choice of tilting or buttons… wheels down, squirrels up!
- ● Use the Chili Boost for Ultimate Speed: Time it right to shave off precious seconds.
- ● Spin the Slot Machine to Win Awesome Prizes: Tricks earn tokens for spins on the wheel.
- ● Use Facebook to sync progress between devices: No need to start from scratch.
- ● …and best of all it’s FREE TO PLAY!