Arcen Games is pleased to announce the launch of A Valley Without Wind 2, now available on Steam for PC and Mac. To celebrate the release, the game will be offered at 25% off until Monday, February 25th.
Valley 2 combines an old school platform adventure with a robust turn-based strategy portion. Though the game is a sequel to our 2012 release A Valley Without Wind, it’s more of a spiritual successor. We took everything that we learned while making the first game (plus many new ideas) and focused it all into a new, tightened experience — giving the graphics an update to boot.
For a variety of reasons, we’ve also chosen to give Valley 2 to all those who purchased the first game for free, and those purchasing Valley 2 will also get a copy of the original. The titles are, and will remain, bundled together on Steam and elsewhere.
The official Valley 2 launch trailer, featuring the game’s standout track “Stand and Fight” by composer Pablo Vega, is out now as well. For more info and discussion on the A Valley Without Wind 2, we encourage new players and other interested parties to stop by the game’s bustling forums.
Platforming and Turn-Based Strategy Coupled Together:
- ● Flip back and forth between your own adventure, and the progress of the resistance you’re in charge of. Freely adjust difficulty levels for both to tailor the experience to your own personal playstyle. Both sides of the game can be quite easy or incredibly hard.
More Tactile Combat:
- ● The physics of movement and attacks have been completely redone from the first title, with more traditional gamepad and keyboard support. Spells have mass and can block each other, leading to many interesting tactical situations in the platforming segments.
Vastly Improved Visuals:
- ● Fully redone artwork by Heavy Cat Studios, including 125 all-new monsters, 200 spells, and lots more.
Focused Gameplay Arc:
- ● Unlike the endless sandbox-style first game, this complete re-imagining has a distinct beginning, middle, and end.
Procedurally Generated Worlds:
- ● Each world is a unique challenge, leading to excellent replay value once you do beat the game!
- ● Bring along as many friends as you like on your journey, depending on your connection speed. 2-8 players recommended on most Internet connections; many more on LAN.See Just How Deep An Arcen-style Rabbit-Hole Goes:
- ● After dozens of hours you still haven’t seen it all: 50 mage classes in 5 tiers, 200 spells, 125 enemies, 14 biomes, 100+ types of world map tiles, 64 character customization perks, 100ks of procedural equipment possibilities.
Extra Challenges For Expert Players:
- ● String together flawless kills to earn “concentration” and become even stronger. Beat the game on harder difficulties to earn rare achievements.
Get The Original Game For Free!
● The original game was unique and experimental, and it comes included absolutely free when you buy the sequel.
Official Website: http://arcengames.com
Official Forums: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/board,92.0.html